Ethan turned 5 this past week. So bittersweet. I swear I can see and hear him growing as I write! We had a quite eventful week. Monday - I had class but not before Ethan and I were leaving Walmart only to find out my power steering had gone out. Great. I manually steered us to the local dealership...only to find out the warranty had run out on the 2nd of August. Of course it had. Tuesday - Oh...the night of Chuck E. Cheese. Hmmm...I think I would rather manually drive my car to a dealership ;) Wednesday was his actual birthday. We didn't do too much but let him open his presents (that he already knew he was getting because he snooped in my closet!) and I also agreed to let my OCDness go so that he could make a mess with his new toys. He also had soccer practice that night. Thursday - the kids had a dentist appointment. Ethan had everyone cracking up. I think it was when he was watching the dentist work on Kenzie and said "Um, what's up with that hook?" that we knew we were in trouble! He actually did well when it came time for his check-up, though! I was proud of him. Thursday night we went to "Meet the Teacher Night" at his new school (he starts this coming Wednesday). As we walked up to the school I held out my hand so that he would hold it. He didn't do anything. I asked if he wanted to hold hands (we always do). He said no. My heart....crushed. He gave me a quick hug and said "But I still love you". It was his big boy moment...but I wasn't ready for it. I am just not ready to let go of my baby.
When we met the teacher, she asked me if this was going to be hard on me (I don't know if she meant in general or with the added CF stuff and worrying...maybe both) I started to choke up. lol! I told her with Kenzie's first day of pre-k I barely made it to the car before having a breakdown and that Ethan's the baby...and he's never been left with anyone but family, so...yeah...it's going to be tough. Ugh....
Well, I'm off to do homework...I'm behind in that and the house is a wreck which is just freaking me out...so I will be catching up this entire weekend :(
Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
My 5-year-old
Posted by Our Salty Life at 7:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aww... sorry you were feeling down about Ethan! He's becoming a big boy!! You know he'll always love his mama!!
By the way... where is YOUR word of the day? This was supposed to be a joint project?! LOL
Post a Comment